Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Health Challenge for Hira-- Waiting on the "What"

I have been wanting to update my Reiki blog for some time but did not realize it would be with my own health challenge. Recently, I have noticed a change in my right nipple. It has been dry and flaky  but then overnight it changed to being covered in crusty material. I was surprised to notice this and started to clean it up only to see a deeper level of excoriation. "This doesn't look good", I said to myself.

I looked at Google Images, for conditions of the nipple and immediately saw images that are identical to my situation. I take a photo of my nipple and send it off to my twin Jean Ferris. She agrees, this doesn't look good. I am not a great admirer of Allopathic Medicine, but the one thing they do well, is make a diagnosis. Since I am retired US Army, I have Tri-Care for Life, VA and Medicare to support me allopathically, I headed to Madigan Army Medical Center near my home in Tacoma Wa. I have had some difficulty in navigating their system with several mix-ups already, but hope to have a diagnosis by the end of this month. At this point, we need to rule out cancer and perhaps specifically, Paget's carcinoma of the nipple---and ?breast. My breast, on palpation by several health care providers, doesn't reveal any masses.

While my blog is about Reiki, my treatment approaches are multifaceted and for the upcoming months I will be sharing what my treatment plan comprises and sharing with you the steps of my journey. Jean and I have already initiated my 2nd Degree Reiki Healing Circle sending me distant treatments for my physical and mental-emotional bodies.

Playing the waiting game for a diagnosis, might be frightening for some people, but it is giving me time to plan a very comprehensive treatment module for myself that I have already activated. I am fortunate to have many healing tools at my disposal and can face my future with clarity and and balanced action. I don't dwell or worry myself with the "what-ifs", I just focus on the "what", with a multifaceted approach that is full of universal love.

I am thanking all my fellow supporters and my team members for being a part of my journey and together we will learn that love heals all of our broken parts.




No comments:

Post a Comment