Wednesday, March 30, 2011

More Thoughts on Reiki and Service

Phyllis Furumoto has stirred my "service pot" and I am filled with many thoughts and experiences of my time serving mankind. We have shared several emails, so I want to reflect on my thoughts. During contemplation, the topic may seem small at first, but sandwiched between having a quiet mind and performing Reiki on the process, the topic takes on a new life, a larger life, so we can really begin to see the enormity of the topic.

Such has been my process lately of contemplating the non-doership that Reiki offers its students. Rarely does one have this experience in life to be totally free when performing an action. We are taught as small children to senior citizens that we must be in control, in charge, in order to make anything happen and happen right.This is ingrained into our cellular makeup. So, with our egos and minds charging forth into daily activity, both of who are screaming "me", "me", "me", it seems impossible to stop, shift and make a complete turn-a-bout and surrender to the divine source. But, that is what we have to do, in order to serve, selflessly.

I continue to revel in the importance of non-doership with Reiki. I don't think the beginning Reiki student really understands the importance of this gift. This gift comes from mystical initiation to the student and within minutes they have experienced  non-doership. They may not call it that, but they realize something unique has happened, and over time they will know to call it non-doership. No where in our global upbringing are we trained or given the experience of non-doership. No where, is there a clearer experience, than with Reiki.

The key then, is to transfer the non-doership principle into all walks of our life. This is the aspect where we have to offer our actions to God or the Source. While Reiki is effortless after initiation, we have to make a conscious effort to offer our actions to God in all other avenues of our life. Our minds and egos really rebel and it is not easy. I remember while in India, I began saying every morning before meditation, "God, this is no longer my day, it is your day. I will offer this day to you and will do what you want me to do."  Surrendering to the higher being; asking for grace to descend into me to guide and bless me, trusting in his divine wisdom. I am being seen by the divine, I am being supported by the divine and I will act from the space of the divine. This is a giant leap, expanding every aspect of our lives into non-doership. This is what I mean, by allowing the topic to expand into the fullness of the divine. Allowing ourselves to be swept away with the currents of divine love and then to share that love with all we do and all we serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment